WordPress has become a common name in the world when it comes to creating either beautiful personal or business websites.
It’s one of the most popular open sources Content Management System that gives access to thousands of designs, themes, plug-ins with simplified design process and setup.
In past few years, WordPress has evolved from being just good for blogging websites to versatile CMS.
Even the top rated MNC’s like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, eBay etc. use WordPress to power their websites! Why?
First of all, since it’s open source CMS it’s free to install, deploy, and upgrade; it has become an easy, affordable, and flexible choice for people especially individuals and small businesses.
It focuses on aesthetics, web-standards, and user-experience that really appeals to users.
Well, getting a WordPress based website is easy but setup and constantly managing and integrating it to your hosting can be a big task and also time-consuming. Thus, we need help of vendors or companies who can manage WordPress hosting for us.
Seamless integration, 24*7 support, updating, constant modification and many other tasks are involved in keeping website on track. Thus, there are many web hosting companies that provide managed WordPress hosting services to help in creating or managing it for the clients.
|#3||Canon EOS 700D|
WordPress is now a glorified system and before getting into further understanding about various Managed WordPress Hosting providers; let’s get into a little more detail about the advantages and disadvantages associated with WordPress.
WordPress Hosting Advantages:
- User-friendly – One of the major reasons why millions are using WordPress is because it’s fairly easy to use and have many volunteers in its community to assist beginners.
- More than 2600 themes and 31,000+ plugins available – Most of the themes and plugins are free, easy to modify, and customize.
- Simplified design process – Again using and designing WordPress based websites is simplified with its user-friendly interface and support.
- Automatic setup and updates along with anti-spam built-in protection.
With advantages come some disadvantages too!
Few major challenges with WordPress Hosting:
- Memory-hogging software – WordPress websites often face the issue of memory-hogging and are often heavy websites due to the themes and plugins.
- Site-slowness and downtime issues – Slow speed and downtime issues are also quite common with WordPress sites. Lots of codes and plugins are one of the reasons for lowered speed.
- Security issues – Although WordPress guarantees to protect and secure the website, there have been many issues with the security of WordPress based websites.
Security is definitely a concern for all individuals as well as businesses and thus, needed to be taken seriously!
Having a fair understanding of WordPress now, let’s move to our key topic of discussion today i.e. reviewing some of the best WordPress Hosting Service providers and what best they to offer.
There are countless companies in the market providing varied web-hosting services like shared web hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, and WordPress Hosting etc.
But when we specifically talk about the Managed WordPress Hosting providers; there are few names that instantly pop-up in our minds.
Here are the Top 10 best WordPress Hosting providers on our list:
Best WordPress Hosting: – BlueHost WordPress Hosting .
The first WordPress Hosting provider on our list is BlueHost. Established in the year 2003 in Otem, Utah; BlueHost was founded by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth.
It is one of the oldest names in web hosting and since then has become one of the leading web solutions services providers.
The company was later acquired by Endurance International Group (EIG), a web hosting conglomerate in the year 2010.
BlueHost is the official WordPress hosting provider and has hosted more than 1 million WordPress websites so far.
It’s one of the best WordPress hosting provider with its in-house team consists of WordPress experts and engineers to provide full-time support to the users.
Using revolutionary cloud technology, BlueHost has engineered to make WordPress websites secure, speedy, and easy-to-use.
It is one of the official recommended providers of hosting services by WordPress itself! They have years of experience in hosting and own well-maintained servers as well as infrastructure to support huge customer base.
For personal bloggers and beginners it is one of the best options as it has easy and simple interface which makes it very simple to use.
They have almost all features required in the WordPress hosting including free domain for an year, featured cPanel, anti-spam solutions, unlimited email, daily backups, 24/7 support etc. but still have limited add-ons considering its plans.
BlueHost do have some nice integrated features like MOJO marketplace and ManageWP; making it an attractive choice for customers.
The pricing of BlueHost’s WordPress hosting is competitive and comes in three categories i.e.:
- WP Starter – Starts with $19.99/month
- WP Performance – Starts with $29.99/month
- WP Business – Starts with $39.99/month
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of the BlueHost WordPress hosting.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Offers heavy discounts, free domain, and free site builder with templates to WP Beginners.
- Full-time i.e. 24*7 expert support available.
- Reasonable and low introductory pricing – a good option for beginners and small businesses compared to competitors like InterServer.
- Can be integrated with various applications and services such as Google Apps, Cloudfare.
- High response time.
- The loading time of websites has also increased in recent times.
- Migration fee is not included in the cost i.e. not free unlike many other competitors such as GoDaddy.
Along with free plans, WordPress offers varied categories of plans with different pricing i.e. Free, Personal (starting with $2.99/month), Premium (starting with $8.25/month), and Business (starting with $24.92/month).
Best WordPress Hosting: – SiteGround
Another prominent and highly rated hosting provider on our list is SiteGround. The company was founded in the year 2004 in UK and since then has grown into leading web hosting companies with more than 400 employees and hosted over 500,000 domains till date.
Like other web hosting providers, it also offers wide range of web and cloud hosting services and several web hosting plans including shared, dedicated, Joomla services, WordPress hosting, reseller hosting etc.
Coming to its WordPress Hosting services, it is one of the WordPress recommended hosts and one of the highest rated too! Known for its faster hosting technology, security and in-house WordPress solutions;
Its solutions start from $3.95/month fairly competitive with HostGator or BlueHost, but SiteGround offers fewer features than HostGator or BlueHost.
The feature list of WordPress hosting is pretty much same to other providers such as one-click installer or staging, auto updates and backups, 3 caching levels, 24/7 support etc.
Some exclusive features with this one is pre-installed Git, free CDN – Cloudfare, and 3 caching levels. What tops the list is their loading time speed and surely one of the best amongst all!
SiteGround offer services under three levels i.e.:
- Startup – offer priced at $3.95/month
- GrowBig – offer priced at $5.95/month
- GoGeek – offer priced at $11.95/month
Also, they don’t provide unlimited storage and space like some of its competitors such as HostGator and InterServer.
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with SiteGround as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Full-time i.e. 24*7 expert support available with efficient staff and experts. One of the best among the list.
- Integrates with Cloudfare for better performance and security. Also offers many security features.
- Impressive uptime and response time results.
- Put caps/limitations on the number of visitors.
- Limited space and storage offered compared to competitors.
- A bit pricey when it comes to advanced packages in comparison to the features offered.
Best WordPress Hosting: – InMotion
Next on our list of best WordPress hosting is InMotion. Los Angeles based, InMotion is a rapidly growing web hosting company that has gained recognition and popularity in recent times and also won many accolades.
The company is present in all web hosting services be it shared, dedicated, VPS, reseller as well as its also present in web designing and domain services.
InMotion’s WordPress Hosting offers all features necessary for a company including automatic installation, auto-updates, free backups, free storage, WP-CLI integration, 24/7 technical support, unlimited email and bandwidth, free site transfer, caching plugins etc.
The services are offered under three plans as listed below (*with their current offer prices).
- Launch – priced at $5.99/month
- Power – priced at $.5.99/month
- Premium – priced at $8.99/month
Although pricing is little costly and on a higher side compared to its competitors; its value for money for the features and support provided.
InMotion web hosting services are reliable with free SSD storage or infrastructure which ensures high speed, WP-CLI integration that not many companies provide, PHP 7, Optimum Cache, premium security and many such features for which paying a premium price doesn’t matter so much.
Moreover, customers can make a choice among data centers.
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with InMotion’s as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Great support and reliability.
- 90-day money back guarantee which is more than many other competitors.
- Free website migration.
- Comes up with frequent discounts and bonus such as free advertising credits etc.
- The company puts lots of limits and caps on its features.
- Costlier than some of the competitors.
Best WordPress Hosting: – A2 Hosting
Well, the list cannot be completed without talking about A2 Hosting. Launched in the year 2003, A2 Hosting is headquartered in Ann Arbor with three datacenters located in Michigan, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
Like others, A2 Hosting also offers varied hosting services. The company has earned many accolades and awards for its hosting solutions from HostingFacts.com, Castironhosting.com etc.
Under WordPress Hosting, there are some impressive and tempting features such as free Cloudflare CDN with 1-click install, auto-configuration, SSD Speed boost, A2 optimized plugins and caching (6x faster page loads), self-optimized security including free HackScan and other security programs.
It also provides auto-configuration for PrestaShop and is a good option for eCommerce merchants.
Many of the features are similar to the competitors but the company boldly claims about its speedy load time against its competitors. Pricing is also competitive starting from $3.92/month
Let’s have a look at some of the pros and cons of A2 Hosting for a better understanding:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Enhanced speed and load time that has been proven.
- Proactive security and protection from hacking that is custom built for WordPress.
- Benefits from free HackScan and KernelCare.
- Ideal for beginners and startups. Not a great option for larger companies.
- Good for shared web hosting unlike BlueHost and other competitors.
Founded in the year 1998, iPage is a well established name in the web hosting industry known to have hosted over 1 million websites.
It offers best value hosting packages for shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated hosting along with content creation, domain, marketing services.
Popular for WordPress hosting services, the company has a dedicated team of experts providing 1-click installation, 24/7 customer support, 99.9% uptime, drag and drop builder, free security suite, unlimited space, and money-back guarantees with pricing starting from $3.75/month under WP Starter and $6.95/month under WP Essential.
It’s a value for money option for people looking for budget-friendly hosting service.
The key feature of iPage services is not just their price but also their easy and quick ordering and setup process. Also, it’s an eco-friendly hosting – as they claim to use renewable energy!
iPage have an enhanced security system via SiteLock that ensures malware removal.
It’s definitely one of the highly recommended WordPress Hosting providers and is gaining popularity. Let’s now have a look at some of its pros and cons:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Ideal for beginners due to affordable pricing and several beginner levels tools with support.
- Enhanced security and customer support.
- Customized and intuitive control panel with various in-built themes and plugins.
- Too much of upselling which can get irritating.
- Not much add-on features. Most of the features are available with every provider.
- Not very strong brand name in market in comparison to companies like GoDaddy, SiteGround.
Best WordPress Hosting: – InterServer
InterServer has been into business since many years with first established in 1999 in New Jersey and has been one of the big names in web hosting services.
They offer a diverse range of hosting services and plans including shared hosting, VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, dedicated server hosting with unlimited storage, bandwidth, websites, email and databases included in these plans.
The company truly believes in core principles of quality, security, and support.
Talking about its Managed WordPress Hosting services, the company pricing starts from basic $8/month with many features offered such as unlimited storage space, data transfer, weekly backups, speedy optimization, free migration, 30-day money-back guarantee, 24*7 customer support etc.
It’s a great choice especially for experienced hosting customers who look for more premium services and technologies. Plus they have their own power-packed data centers that makes them a reliable option.
Also, they are one of the few providers who offer free migration facility in least time. They provide support for using CloudFlare. However, sub domains are not allowed in the hosting.
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with InterServer’s as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Free migration of website unlike many other competing web-hosting companies.
- 24*& customer support – the support and customer has been one of the key focus and strength.
- No exit fees or long-term contracts.
- Uptime issues – not up to the mark.
- The hosting plans are very basic, nothing exceptional or exclusive to offer to customers compared to competitors like HostGator.
Best WordPress Hosting: – HostGator
The next up on our list and one we recommend for WordPress Hosting providers is HostGator. Established in the year 2002, the company is based out of Houston, Texas.
HostGator is a web hosting company that provides shared, reseller, dedicated, WordPress, VPS hosting services and has hosted over 8 million domains till date. Like BlueHost, HostGator was also acquired by Endurance International group in the year 2012.
The Managed WordPress Hosting by HostGator is easy and affordable starting with a basic cost of $3.96/month. Some of the features that can be highlighted about its services are unlimited bandwidth, unlimited space, 99.9% uptime, unlimited sub-domains, 45-day money back guarantee, and unlimited email and FTP accounts along with add-ons like attractive templates.
With them they also offer many add-ons like free website transfers, more than 4,500 attractive templates, google adwords credits, cPanel control panel, unlimited MySQL databases, and application hosting.
HostGator extensive support to wide-ranging application compatibility makes them suitable for all business types irrespective of experience or business size. Plus, they have simple and easy to use interface and provide simple explanations for each and every query of users.
With such diverse features compared to the pricing structure, HostGator can be called as one of the cheapest WordPRess hosting provider compared to its competitors.
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with HostGator as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Easy and affordable pricing – in comparison to competitors.
- cPanel based software compared to competitors like GoDaddy that have proprietary back ends.
- Renowned for quality customer service and support
- Reliable and secure.
- Proven guaranteed uptime along with service.
- Complex process – which makes it difficult for customers.
- Does not give any attractive creditor goodies unlike many other companies such as GoDaddy and InMotion.
Best WordPress Hosting: – DreamHost
An award winning web and WordPress Hosting provider; DreamHost was founded in the year 1996 and is based out of Los Angeles owned by New Dream Network LLC.
The company is involved in web hosting services such as shared, dedicated, VPS, WordPress etc. as well as cloud computing and cloud storage services similar to GoDaddy.
The company has hosted over 1.5 million websites with many in-house tools carrying vast experience.
DreamHost offers a full-spectrum of Managed WordPress Hosting features such as easy setup, automated updates, space, backups, 100% uptime, money-back guarantees, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 support etc. similar to SiteGround and other competitors.
Under the WordPress Hosting, the company offers Shared Hosting and DreamPress wherein, the former is basic web hosting starting from $7.95/month and later is fully managed premium plan starting from $16.95/month.
DreamHost is not extremely expensive but definitely not cheap like others who even offer free plans. But with higher price, come many added capabilities and features such as support for WP-CLI as well as Git;
That is convenient for WP site development and customizations. Other good features are unlimited bandwidth and 100% uptime guarantees.
DreamHost automatically credit users account every time there is an issue with uptime; which is not a usual thing with other providers.
Again, let’s have a look at some of the pros and cons of DreamHost in comparison to its competitors:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Its Independent and employee owned unlike BlueHost, HostGator which are acquired by large companies.
- Its an old company with good experience in the field compared to others who are fairly new in the market
- Outstanding customer service and support.
- 97 days money-back guarantee which is even more than InMotion.
- Priced on a premium side compared to competitors such as HostGator and GoDaddy etc.
- Their unlimited feature list is limited with pricing unlike others.
- They don’t use standard cPanel but proprietary backend for setup which is hard to use
- Although customer support is good but they don’t have a dedicated phone support unlike others.
Best WordPress Hosting: – eHost
eHost is yet another popular name in web hosting services, claiming to have hosted over 1 million websites. Founded in Houston, Texas eHost too is a part of Endurance International Group.
Like most of the web hosting companies; eHost also provides shared hosting services, WordPress hosting, website builder and complimentary services.
Coming to its WordPress hosting services, the plans starts with very economical pricing of $2.75/month lower than most of its competitors.
The feature list includes free installation, free domain, 1-click setup, includes cPanel, free credits, vast number of templates, customization etc.
It is known to be best suitable for beginners or new users because of its easy setup, drag and drop building tool, and flexibility.
eHost ControlPanel is quite intuitive to navigate. Adding to this, they also provide many attractive bonuses unlike others such as yahoo ad credits, CMS tools, 1 GB cloud storage, free yellowpages listing.
Their customization offers and sleek interface makes them list in top WordPress hosting providers.
Speaking of its hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with eHost as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Cost is the most prominent advantage with eHost. Highly competitive against its competitors like Siteground and DreamHost.
- Multiple unlimited features at affordable prices makes it a winner over many competitors.
- Lucrative offers and discounts.
- Thousands of attractive templates adding to customization and flexibility.
- Suitable for startups and beginners which limits the growth at some point.
- Shared hosting only which again limits the growth.
Best WordPress Hosting: – GoDaddy
A very popular name for domain registrar and web hosting services, GoDaddy is a well established American company based out of Arizona, US. The company has served over 17 million customers with more than 6000 employees’ worldwide.
The company is also involved in managing WordPress hosting offering different plans to customer’s i.e.
- Basic – $3.99/month
- Deluxe – $4.99/month
- Ultimate – $7.99/month
- Developer – $13.99/month
Some of the highlighted features included across plans are free domain, access to free templates and plugins, daily backups, one-click migration tool, money-back guarantees, free 24/7 customer support etc.
In initial marketing they talk about the discounts but when one goes to actually opt for them; it turns out that’s only when you pay much in advance.
On contrary, Godaddy have an easy process and dashboards are quite user-friendly and easy.
That makes your work easy. Plus, it’s a huge company with vast experience and capabilities with more than 9 data centers equipped with UPS power systems and excellent on-site engineers support.
Speaking of its WordPress hosting services, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of going with GoDaddy as your WordPress hosting provider:[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Lucrative and innovative marketing and upselling.
- Multiple pricing plans available catering to varied markets and target groups.
- Good security and anti-hacking tools available.
- Slow loading and response time issues.
- Company’s reputation often goes on stake because of multiple controversies.
- Restrictive on data, email, and databases.
Well, there’s an exhaustive list of WordPress hosting providers and it can get really confusing to choose from so many providers. With this article we have reviewed some of the major ones that are popular among customers too.
With this article we want to help you shortlist and chose your WordPress hosting provider especially if you are first-time users or beginners. While considering a provider there are three major components which should be considered i.e.
- Performance and features – what they have to offer and how they are performing
- Pricing – Very important for budget-conscious and small businesses.
- Speed, Reliability, and Security – After all, security and speed matters the most for end-users
Comparing on these parameters with your requirements, one can chose their WordPress hosting partner. Although every company has some pros and cons; in our opinion the best performers in the market currently are:
Hopefully, with this article you will be able to find answers for many of your queries. Every user experience is different and thus, it is very important to research well before you invest in any of the hosting service provider services.
So we hope this best WordPresss Hosting article will help finding right WordPress web hosting provider to host your WordPress website.